Am Donnerstag, 25. Dezember 2008 15:51:16 schrieb Gerard Krol:
> Hi everyone,
>
> Merry Christmas! We have only just released 2.1, but I think we should
> be deciding on the next release already.
Generally I agree.

But what are the new features of current trunk?

0000-00-00: SVN
 * Video:
   * New: Add support for playing of videos (OggTheora)
 * General:
   * New: Add mouse menu option.
   * New: Add ability to toggle between hardware (SDL) and software (colored)
cursors, in new mouse menu option.
   * Fix: Should fix flickering background on loading screen.
   * Fix: --nosound works correctly with videos now.
   * Fix: Clean up input stream after saving a save game, to prevent it from
going into chat mode.
 * AI:
   * Fix: Allow a droid to pick a new target while auto-repairing. (ticket:35,
bug #12217)
   * Fix: Improve targetting AI so that it does not select bad targets, and
make it use full weapon range instead of limited to sensor range. (ticket:97)
 * Buildsystem:
   * Fix: Only compile the translations when $(TRANSLATION) is "yes".
(ticket:130)

Is that *all*? Even compared to the late 2.1 betas that's *nothing*...

What I deem to be a good idea is throwing out a prerelease (_pre or _alpha)
every two weeks or so. That will get more visibility than daily snapshots /
windows builds.
More random ideas on this topic:
I'd choose _pre as a suffix, to generally distinguish it from a release we
worked towards and created deliberately.
We can also symlink the _beta or _rc we will create later to one of the _pre
packages. :)

--DevU