Hi all,

I think we should look into branching 2.2 soon; couple of weeks of bug
fixing (there are still some lurking) and we should be good to go.
Giel might have something to say about the status of SQLite (I think
it is partially used in trunk and not totally finished).

 From the OS X perspective: trunk is much better than 2.1 and contains
many important fixes and has complete theora support. FMVs should be
*no* problem.

Therefore, we should release a beta as soon as possible, with the
prospect of 2.2.x releases further down the line (so 2.2.0 need not be
perfect).

As for 2.3, I think we should call it 3.0. Lua + Terrain + Betawidget
+ New save game format + WZM is what we should be going for. While it
will no doubt take at least a year to do, the aforementioned
components go together nicely. (Betawidget needs Lua, new save game
format needed for big terrain changes, WZM will go well with improved
terrain...)

An ambitious release plan also gives us a good chance at applying for
GSoC 2009, which could be a good way to get new developers onboard.

What does everyone else think?

Regards, Freddie.