Even though I am a  lifelong fan of the show, I had never been to Mayberry
Days. Now I understand what all the excitement is about! We just returned
from our first-ever Mayberry Days, and let me tell you, it was awesome! I
can hardly wait for next year. The first person I saw was Allan Newsome
(Floyd) who ushered us into the proclamation ceremony and it was fantastic!

The outdoor worship service in the amphitheater Sunday was a really sweet
time led by our new friends, Jan and Leroy McNees (whom we had met a few
days earlier at LifeWay's Life Lessons From Mayberry event outside
Asheville). We loved worshipping with the stars (Maggie Peterson Mancuso and
Margaret Kerry, for example), the "impostenators," and the fans.

Everybody we encountered--from the merchants to the visitors to the local
police were kind and helpful and friendly. There really is a Mayberry spirit
that comes over you and you just don't ever want to leave.

It has been hard to come back to reality and it is also difficult to explain
"Mayberry Days" to anybody else. You just have to experience it once and
you're hooked.

"Mayberry says 'thanks and happy motoring'!"

Debbie Whisenant

Join me for "Life Lessons From Mayberry: It's All There in Black and White,"
a celebration of The Andy Griffith Show and the biblical truths life
applications found in the beloved TV classic. More information at
www.lifeway.com/mayberry