I'll take it next. At 54, I'll probably be the oldie.

I started with TRS-80s and the miracle of 2 B-drives and BASIC. Still have
the Commodore 64.  Used to hang tape for research projects. Left computers
when I left the professoriate. Came back to computers about 7 years ago
doing tech field work: build 'em, install 'em, run the wires, stumble
through the switches and routers. Got hooked on web sites when I looked at
the Lourve site for the first time. First paid site was with Net Objects
Fusion. Then I got serious and learned html. Work responsibilities added
Cold Fusion, Oracle, and perl. I discovered the necessity of css and xml.

Most of what I do is behind our firewall. I work at a federal agency near
Baltimore, Maryland in the US. I do a lot of database related pages for
project calendars, data manipulation, and the Branch (we have Divisions,
Offices, and Branches -- you figure it out, I can't) web pages. Most of the
satisfaction comes from side jobs where I can take a site from conception to
inception. I particularly enjoy sites which change regularly. Finding a
fluid design that will accommodate sometimes extensive changes, other times
minor changes, without a total redesign is intellectually satisfying. And
with the help of a creative partner, the sites don't look half bad either.

drew