Hello and a "Happy New Year" to All!

Well from what I have seen from everyone's "recap", at 55 I am the senior citizen of the group.

My entry into the computer field was Oct 1st 1973 as a Systems Engineer for Honeywell Information Systems (first job after graduate school). Primary task was to develop "handlers", a.k.a. drivers, for the printers and tape drives to interface to the CPU. Was based in Atlanta Ga but spent most at the "Level 6 Development Center" in Scottsdale AZ. Exit the "corporate world" at IBM, RTP - Research Triangle Park, NC in the summer of 1994.

Along the way had "hands-on" on almost all of the "next best / biggest" technology trends that happen during that period of time (1973-1994). This covers mainframes, minis, and PCs as well as a mix bag of operating systems from the GCOS to Primos to CPM to OS/2 to Windows. First pc was a Datapoint 1500 (Z80 -8088) in 1978 that was an used primary as a RDE - Remote Data Entry device tied to a IBM 370. My background in software languages and tools is about as mixed as the hardware they were designed to run on.

From 1994 to 1999 was involved in two consumer goods start-ups that was "cashed out" i.e. sold to interested parties. And, since December 1999 have been the president of a company that develops custom e-learning applications. Primary vehicle for delivering web-based training is the Internet. Tools are mostly Macromedia's MX products (DW, CF, & Flash), Photoshop, SQL, DB2, and Oracle 9i. For more info, I invite you to visit our site, www.condottierre.com .

From a personal point, although mostly silent, I have enjoyed this list and found the group very knowledgeable. And in closing, I am not sure how long Moore's Law will hold, however over the past 30 years one axiom has stayed true ---- "There are only two types of computers - experimental and obsolete".

Enjoy your weekend, one and all!

E G Pursley