Hi,

>FWIW, the 'correct' way to center an element in CSS2 is to set a width and
>put margin-right: auto; margin-left: auto; however IE does not support it

It is sadly true that IE doesn't implement the margin: auto functionality, but there is a workaround that seems easy to use and functional. It is described here: http://www.bluerobot.com/web/css/center1.html . I've used it on my personal homepage (imladris.com), and it seems to me to work fine ... certainly not as nice as the correct, standards compliant way, but doesn't require you to use deprecated "center" attributes.

Amanda Birmingham
Web Application Developer

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.