Cheryl,

Very impressive.   Even on my machine playing sloooow downloads these pages
came up  - well - like a miracle;  very fast.   If I had the time the energy
and the brain I would learn how to do that!! ;-)

I agree the drawings are right for the site;  and good in their own right.

Joseph

Joseph Harris
Smile Poetry Weekly (fortnightly)
www.smilepoetryweekly.com
Batty Balls and other Wicket Wit
www.ah-mah-son.com

> Jan,
>
> I converted www.pinespc.org from HTML 3.2 to XHTML when I took it over. I
> use nothing but CSS for presentation, no tables. Exclusive of images I
> reduced the page from 27k to 8k plus 5k for the css.  Total page reduction
> without removing any images 14k. I then replaced the javascript rollovers
> (images of text) with css based text links. Took out another 16k for the
> images.
>
> So without removing a singe 'important' image the page size was reduced by
> 30k out of the 57-78k they started at. Pages render virtually identically
> cross browser and cross platform (I've tested with IE 5.2 & Safari on the
> Mac, IT 6, Opera 6 & 7, NN 6.2 & 4.8 and Mozilla). There is only one page
> that renders differently and that is the preschool page because NN 4.x
can't
> get the floated images right so I've hidden those images from it. Some
> people tell me they prefer the page without the images but one of the
church
> members drew them so they stayed. Personally I kind of like them.
>

> Cheryl D. Wise
> Microsoft MVP
> WiserWays, LLC
> 713 353-0139
> www.wiserways.com
> mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.