Cheryl,
I was just replying to the other emails: I did find out over this weekend that width is required. Auto doesn't work at all in NS, IE, Opera using (strict DTD). I'm using floating tables, so I'm using %.

Using xhtml strict: It centers in NS and IE, but in Opera the table is squished. Also, using width: 100%, it adds a horizontal scrollbar. If I use a width less than 100%, it squishes the table's width in all 3 browsers.

CSS3 is still in the making right Cheryl, because it looked like it wasn't finished yet.

Using xhtml transitional, I can use <div align="center">, AND,
by checking the URL Amanda sent me (thanks Amanda) :

http://www.bluerobot.com/web/css/center1.html

I saw that the body css had 'padding: 0px', so when I added the padding: 0px; to my css, Opera complied along with IE and NS.

Now, everything is working fine using xhtml Transitional and I think I will leave well enough alone now. Thanks to all of you.

Me now happy :o)

Jan
--
http://www.jdvisions.com

To set a personal password send an email to [EMAIL PROTECTED] with the words: "set WDVLTALK pw=yourpassword" in the body of the email.