I tried to talk them out of it but she's very adament that she wants background
music.  I would agree it's very annoying.  It's a bridal site and she saw
another bridal site that has the music so of course she had to copy them.  I
looked at the other site and I believe your right it was created in FP.

The unfortunate thing is I don't know Flash but would like to learn.  Any good
sites or examples I could use to do this?  I have the software just haven't
taken the time to learn it.

---- Ross Clutterbuck <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Matthew's raised a good point about cross-platform operability of the
background music. As a result, I'd suggest using Flash instead.

Have a 1x1 pixel Flash movie dropped in somewhere on the page that streams
in an external MP3 and export the Flash movie as low a version number as you
can (I think streaming MP3s is about Flash 5) to ensure you don't trigger
too many player updates just for background music.

However I would strongly recommend putting in some form of playback control
to actually turn the music off because unless you do it right and integrate
the music with the overal web experience, background music is RIDICULOUSLY
annoying.

That being said though the really annoying stuff is embedded MIDI files so
at least you'd have a decent file using MP3.

But I do concur to a degree with Matthew's question of why they want
background music anyway. As I mentioned unless you're enhancing the user
experience by integrating music into the visuals I would really try to talk
these people out of background music. It's really annoying and screams "I
can use FrontPage so I'm a web designer" amateurism.

MOU

http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

____ � The WDVL Discussion List from WDVL.COM � ____

You are currently subscribed to wdvltalk as: unknown lmsubst tag argument: ''