If this works it will be very usefull!!!!

Is there a way to modify myfunction so that it can be passed to onvalidate
or oncreate fields of SQLFORM.grid?

This is as close as I got but stiil get form validation error (value not in
database) on the referenced field: add_wiki() is my myfunction()
def add_wiki():
    table=db[request.args(0)]
    form=SQLFORM(table)
    if request.post_vars._autocomplete_name_aux and not request.post_vars.
wiki_page_id:
        request.post_vars.wiki_page_id=db.wiki_page.insert(slug=IS_SLUG()(
request.post_vars._autocomplete_name_aux))
    return form.process()

def manage():
    table=db[request.args(0)]
    table.id.readable = table.id.writable = False
    left=None
    oncreate=None
    if table.wiki_page_id:
        left=db.wiki_page.on(db.wiki_page.id==table.wiki_page_id)
        oncreate=add_wiki()

    content=SQLFORM.grid(
        table,left=left,
        details=False,editable=True,deletable=False,create=True,
        oncreate=oncreate,
        args=request.args,
        user_signature=False)

    return dict(content=content)

Thank you. The SELECT_OR_ADD_OPTION never did work for me plus this will be
a more user friendly option!

Regards,
Bill