You can create a function1.load view and call URL('default',
'function1.load'), and then do whatever you want in the function1.load
view. For example:

/controllers/default.py:
def function1():
    return dict(timestamp=timestamp, url=url)

/views/default/function1.load:
{{=timestamp}}

The HTML generated by the function1.load view will be inserted into the
'myid' div.

Anthony