If your function returns a dict, the dict never gets sent directly to the
browser -- it will always call a view in that case. If there is no
dedicated view, then it will try the generic view if enabled, and if not,
you will get an error. The generic view creates a table showing all the
items in the dict using the BEAUTIFY() helper. Can you show the content of
your function1.load view?

Anthony