> I think you would need a formal process to determine which items will make
> it into which releases.

How about a poll-voting thing?

> Not sure what you mean about duplication. If you have something to
> announce, post about it here.

That's even worse...
Now you are suggesting a 3'rd avenue...
What I mean by "duplication", is that you have multiple places that need to
get updated every time an announcement is in order.
By your suggestion, let's take the recent 2.4.7 release, that Massimo just
posted here - He would then have to post it also in the tweeter-feed, as
well as update the book.
That's a duplication of effort, on his part.

But it get's worse - users of web2py (developers of applications), would
have multiple places they need to keep track of... Maybe not all updates
are being announced in one of the options? That's what I mean by
"multiplicity".

I think in the long-run, the one-off effort of adding the tweeter-feed
component to the example-app/web2py-website, and announcing here that this
should be the place to look for announcements, than it would both save
effort for Massimo and the rest of you developers, as well as save
research-effort on the side of web2py's users.
So, overall, a very profitable investment for all.

As for convenience-of-discovery of announcements, an RSS feed may also be
in order - which is also trivial using web2py.