Hi Richard.

I don't know how to create an in-memory db with postgres, but if you
don't use any direct SQL command, you shouldn't have problems using
SQLite to test purposes.

No web2py.test doesn't manage any db replication. It just supply a
web2py environment usable to your tests. You should manage your test
data by yourself, as in any other test infrastructure.

I use in my tests gluon/populate.py/populate() to create test data to
help me with tests. It's really useful.