I think that we fail to communicate because we have different un-spoken
assumptions. Let's take the following sentence as an example for what I
mean by that:
" less expert users should work on the easy tasks (that they can do), even
if it takes them a bit longer, leaving the more expert users to work on the
harder tasks"

What might be an un-spoken assumption in this sentence?
"There is a "shortage" of time/effort for developing both easy and complex
solutions - One "must" come "in the expense" of another."
In other words, there is a "GIVEN" time or amount of effort that
"experienced" developers have to spare/contribute. Within that given time,
an experienced-developer may "either" work on a complex task "or" a set of
easy ones - he can not do both.

I think the problem is not with your logic. The problem is with this
assumption.
As there is no formal road-map, then there "IS NO *GIVEN*" time in
existence that can be pointed at. Therefore, using the word "leaving" in
"leaving the experienced developer..." has no actual meaning in this
context.

A developer may "think" he has more tasks that he would like to accomplish,
than spare-time to do them all, but that's a cognitive-illusion on his part.
There can only be shortage of spare-time if there is a schedule to frame
the time-context. If there is no schedule in existence, than there is no
time-frame, and therefore no shortage, and any derivative-term that assumes
shortage looses it's meaning.

As for users=developers - yes you are right. I may have a different
expectation than what in expected/accepted in the web2py community. That
would be a flaw of communication on the part of the web2py
community/developers/maintainers/managers etc.

If web2py has a different set of  meaning to common-terminology compared to
other open-source communities, then this information should be explicit and
up-front - say, on a sticky-thread on this forum and/or a document
explaining this anywhere else. As long as it is NOT explicit/up-front, it
would be erroneous of any well-versed web2py contributor to assume this
knowledge on the part of other web2py "whatever"s... If anything, the
correct assumption should be the opposite.