On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 10:19 AM, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:

> because those people are influential people in the Django community,
> the same people posting negative comments about web2py everywhere.

I am not sure whether such comments matter.
People seriously using such development tools will have a good look
before they embark on an expensive journey anyway, and I think in that
regard web2py has a lot going for it apart from the lack of usable
up-to-date documentation

Let's get good apps out, that will spread more good word about the
tools we use than any silly comments on time wasting web sites

I for my part can vouch that so far development with web2py has been
- a bit faster than with RoR
- far more legible code than with RoR
- I managed to hire 4 good people so far to to web2py work for me.
They seem all competent, and so far have delivered in time and to
specs. No exemption so far, and that's a quite unique experience for
me (when developing a similar project with RoR I had hundreds of
applicants but in the end nobody delivered in tiome and to specs and
it turned into a financial nightmare until the whole project was
shelved)

This weekend I am going to present the first version of my medical web
app (pre alpha, but seemingly functional) at a medical conference. If
acceptance is good and no major hickups during demo (when lots of
doctors are going to hammer it all at the same time) we'll go public
with the project. I am then happy to give a testimony on theweb2py web
site of our experience so far, including the exceptional experience of
being able to easily hire good competent developers familiar with
web2py, as well as the incredible responsiveness and helpfulness of
this list with a very low signal:noise ratio

Horst