Massimo's has always said it wasn't secure, I ignore the exact reason(s)...

I suggest downgrading pandas with this rational you were using is in
previous version of pandas and nginx without this problem...

I do use pandas (but not HDF5 Store) and I don't experiment this issue...
neither in 12.04 or 16.04

Richard