>From my system:

administrator@ubuntu16-2:/etc/nginx/sites-enabled$ sudo pip show pandas
[sudo] password for administrator:
---
Metadata-Version: 2.0
Name: pandas
Version: 0.18.1
Author: The PyData Development Team
Author-email: pyd...@googlegroups.com
Installer: pip
License: BSD
Location: /usr/local/lib/python2.7/dist-packages
Requires: pytz, python-dateutil, numpy
Classifiers:
  Development Status :: 5 - Production/Stable
  Environment :: Console
  Operating System :: OS Independent
  Intended Audience :: Science/Research
  Programming Language :: Python
  Programming Language :: Python :: 2
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3
  Programming Language :: Python :: 2.7
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3.4
  Programming Language :: Python :: 3.5
  Programming Language :: Cython
  Topic :: Scientific/Engineering

I'm experiencing this on multiple Ubuntu 16.04 systems.  Pip has been
updated using:

sudo pip install --upgrade pip

...before installing pandas which I installed using pip and not an ubuntu
package.

-Jim

btw - really appreciate your help with this...

On Tue, Aug 16, 2016 at 2:19 PM, Richard Vézina <ml.richard.vez...@gmail.com