On Sat, Feb 6, 2010 at 00:26, tiago almeida <tiago.b.alme...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> 1) Great idea.

great +1

> 2) Wouldn't the docstrings get immensely complex for someone actually
> reading/mantaining the code? Maybe a Sphinx approach to code documentation
> would be better.

when collection ebough doc in wiki,
and, understand who to make book in Sohinx though web2py ,
we can move in...
such as :关于本书的编写 ― 用Python做科学计算
http://hyry.dip.jp/pydoc/pydoc_write_tools.html
custom sphinx plugin comment action ...

> Best regards,
> Tiago
>
> On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 4:11 PM, mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu> wrote:
>>
>> I got a private email from David and we have an idea:
>>
>> 1) organize a wiki with the same table of content as the book. Each
>> page will have an errata and a a faq. It will include some parts of
>> the book (when possible) and link the scribd book chapters when not
>> possible.
>>
>> 2) integrate the above with a small web2py app that turns web2py
>> docstrings into wiki pages. When users edit the wiki, the docstrings
>> get updated, and I get a patch.
>>
>> What do people think?
>>
>> Massimo
>>
>> --
>>

> --

http://zoomquiet.org 人生苦短? Pythonic!
一个人如果力求完善自己,就会看到:"为此也必须同时完善他人. 一个人如果不关心别人的完善,自己便不可能完善!"