>From the fact that they stuck with MSVC++ 6.0 for so long (despite
2002, 2003, 2005 and 2008 coming along) and that MSVC++ 6.0 doesn't
support the 64 bits format, I will take a wild guess and presume that
Apache won't support Win64 anytime soon.

So, what this means is that I'll have to run the Apache server as a 32
bit app.

However, I have an app engine running in the background (programmed in
C++) that will be a CPU/Memory beast (once you account several
thousand users) and I absolutely need 64 bit support for it (given
that I can get server(s) with up a bucketload of RAM, I don't want to
be limited to 2^32 bits of memory).

I'm planning to use web2py on top of it to support user registration,
access control, user interface and generally the business side of
things.

My C++ logic and Web2py will run on top of 64 bits python (on the
'testing' environment provided by default with web2py, this works).

However, there is an interrogation as to how well (if at all) Web2py
(running on 64 bit python) will interact with Apache (running as a 32
bit binary).

I see some python interfaces (mod_python, mod_wsgi) for that, but they
talk about running as child processes of Apache and I'm unsure about
the exact mechanics they'll use for that (hopefully not what I learned
way back in my Unix classes where the child process is really a copy
of the parent process).

Any helpful advise about this would be appreciated as I'm trying to
solve all foreseeable roadblocks before proceeding.