> LOL.  That ambiguous phrasing may be enough to tip Graham Dumpleton
> over the edge!

Yes, well, unless I'm using the language of mathematics, I'm not the
best of communicator for technical stuff. I apologize.

> Others have also spoken enthusiastically about Lighttpd / Nginx in
> terms of speed,  and a smaller memory footprint too, so try searching
> the group. See these for example:

Problem is that I'm developing for windows.

I don't have anything against Linux, but learning how to use it in
most of the gory details (so that I can run a server on it) would be
too much of an overhead at this point in time considering the other
things I have to pick up (the only thing I'd pick up reasonably
quickly are the C system calls).

Nginx's window version is beta (http://nginx.org/en/docs/
windows.html).

Cherokee's window version is broken (and will be beta for a while once
its functional again).

Lighttpd doesn't work on Windows.

I'm not sure how well IIS works with anything that is not C# or VB for
the web framework and I'm not ready to capitulate to C# just yet.

I guess I'll try to figure out how to compile Apache on a newish
rendition of windows in 64 bits a bit longer. I found some interesting
links for that.