> Well, I took a peak at mod_wsgi.c file (14000 lines of code in a
> single .c file, that guy is hardcore... the scrolling alone would have
> driven me insane) which pretty much confirmed my suspicions.

LOL.  That ambiguous phrasing may be enough to tip Graham Dumpleton
over the edge!
He is very knowledgeable about this kind of thing and seriously he's
your man for any questions about wsgi.

> Or I guess I could simply use another solution to Apache.
> Any suggestions?

Others have also spoken enthusiastically about Lighttpd / Nginx in
terms of speed,  and a smaller memory footprint too, so try searching
the group. See these for example:

http://www.web2pyslices.com/main/slices/take_slice/57

Nginx:
http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/3c5d897149a3f1eb/679bdb2954ffec15#679bdb2954ffec15