>I know it could sounds cruel, but.. try to leave windows

Yeah, well, MS has a big share of the market.

As a teenage gamer, I used MS Windows to play my PC games.

As a undergrad student, I was taught C and then C++ with MS Visual
Studio.

During my 4 work terms, my employers used Windows as the development
environment.

My previous places of employment both used MS Windows as well.

Now, I have to finish my app, finish learning about this web framework
& python (ok, admitedly, I have a head start there because I did a bit
of webpy before), learn about Apache, learn about some basic admin
security and about web security too.

And I have some financial pressure not to take too long.

So, forgive me if I don't feel particularly enclined to add Linux (and
the trail of accompanying tools) on top of the pile right now.

Anyways, in case someone else has my issue, a 64 bit windows installer
for Apache can be found here:

http://www.anindya.com/

Also, a 'fix' for some of the compile errors I encountered can be
found here (but that might not be the end of it, I'm still working on
it):

http://www.apachelounge.com/viewtopic.php?p=9940