Hi Dimo,

I agree on the fact that there more roles.

And I want to make a clear separation in the repo.
Web2py applications for production use are put in the usr folder.
        And copied and protected by a startup script.
        For example you could take the write right from /controllers /models /
        And store static and upload under var or or the user location
mentioned in a email before.
Web2py applications for development are put in the user location or /
var
        Together with the application uploaded from web2py own application
mechanism
        Those applications may never ever overwrite each other (I agree with
you on that too)

It is the most advance solution till now,
But it's quite complex.
Because of various way to run web2py.

And it isn't very concrete at the moment,
But it's a start.

Regards Mark,