Hi all,

Sounds like there's a little momentum in this :-)

Here's what I can contribute to the party:

1. Part of the test management tool I am writing is a 'case
management' facility. It is basic, but it supports multiple case
types. Cases can be issues/incidents/defects, to do/actions, and
notifications to review changes to other entities in the system (in my
case, requirements, stories, tests etc...). There is a messaging/
notifications module, uploads/attachments and a case notes history.
This functionality is part of the system we will will make available
as a free hosted option to Agile Development teams. I'd be delighted
to offer this to "the team" to use. I benefit by getting feedback and
ideas for improvement. I also get a little kudos with the testing
market :O)

2. As a sideline we have (currently 4) servers colocated at a data
centre that is a mile away from where I live (Maidenhead UK).
Currently, all are using Windows 2008 and I have my dev web2py set up
on one of them. I would like to deploy on Linux, I use Mysql at the
moment - the only proprietary code I currently use is Windows and I
want to be 100% open source. So I'd be happy to provide a Linux box
for a Linux expert to set up apache/mail/web2py. I'm familiar with
Ubuntu, but if there's a preferred distribution - please advise - I'll
use that. I anticipate this would host the tools required of the team,
plus my own development environment. I would deploy on another server.
I guess there should be a mirror of the web2py team content somewhere
else on the planet. (I could also use my Amazon web services account,
but this is a tad more expensive for me).

3. I'm sure none of us want to be drawn into a bureacratic, committee
based group- but a little organisation is required. I also host three
community stes using Druapl CMS. One is public (www.uktmf.com) and I
have two private ones that are probably a better model for a small
group).I also use Drupal for my own company website.I'd be happy to
host (initially on Windows, but I'd migrate to the Linux box later) a
Drupal site for the group to use. The value of a CMS is we could
define a brief terms of reference for the group, assign roles etc and
make a start. Mailing lists are a bit cumbersome :O)

4. There's also a slight possibility I can corral some professional
testers into helping us. There's an interesting group I know who do
weekend testing for fun - mainly exploratory, but if we released apps
that needed some testing, I can publicise this in my testing network
we might get them on board. Just a thought.

This is what I can contribute.

Paul.