Point 2) is nice for all of us because you (Massimo) are very quick,
but how much does take off of your web2py time?
Would not be better to open the ticket before testing and eventually
close it as "works for me"?
This way someone among the developers  could take care of the ticket
and test it, if he is able to fix it good, he makes a patch
and he closes it when the patch is put in the trunk (by you).  In case
the patch cannot be applied either you have time to fix it
or inform the submitter to fix it.

A slight modified version of the process (very imperfect):

1) people post a question about a possible bug
2) if it looks (without test) like it, you (or a developer) ask them
to open a ticket
3) you or a developer take care of the ticket (becoming the ticket
holder) locking others out
4) the holder tests: if it is not a bug then 6)
5) you fix it in trunk or a developer sends you a patch
5.1) if you cannot apply the patch in trunk then 5) again
6) the ticket holder closes the ticket making a reference to the
revision in trunk.

Point 1) and 2) can be optional? could a user open the ticket right away?

For me a plus of a ticket system would be the automatic assignement of
tickets to developers based on the area of the problem
or some other criteria.

Of course there is some work for Massimo... for instance finding
stalled tickets and bashing lazy developers ;)
One advantage would be that users can search for similar bugs in
googlecode and see that they are already fixed at
some revision and would check that they have updated their copy of
web2py before asking.
Also the changelog of a stable release could include a list of closed
tickets (do not know how on googlecode, but *there must be some
way*!!).

BTW: patch generation should be something with a procedure by itself,
using plain files or others means such as mercurial

mic