Lately I have been "forced" to use wicket (wicket.apache.org).
Wicket is by no means "agile" compared to web2py.  Wicket is not a
full stack framework it needs a lot of other things to serve pages.
  As with any java coding wicket takes ages and pages to do things
that python does in one line. Against there is the java language which
is not functional and you need to carry around full objects (in wicket
called models) to pass messages between components, which can be long
to write.

But the thing I would take from wicket is a strong component/event
oriented approach with well defined interfaces, and a lot of
predefined widgets.

The same componet/event architecture can be implemented in web2py
using pyjamas, and it is quite easy and much more flexible, but it
would be nice to have it included by default or as a plugin!