2010/10/16 mdipierro <mdipie...@cs.depaul.edu>:
> Do you mean client-side events or server-side events, or something in
> between?

client side events calling listeners on the server.

For instance we have a button. Having an interface to add listeners
and managing ajax responses
would allow writing similar code in a controller:

def ajaxButton(): # may use it with a/c/ajaxButton.load
  b=BUTTON('PUSH ME!')
  b.addListener(lambda ajaxresponse:
ajaxresponse.appendJS('jQuery(%s).hide();' % b.id)

the above is just a stupid example, I hope it is not too confusing...

I'd create a standard Json response encapsulating the payload of js,
page headers, and a list of maps of  the tipe {id: <element id>,
{html: <replacement>, onreadyjs: <javascript on element ready>}}.  A
javascript function (on the client)  would take care of reading the
Json response and take appropriate actions.