Do you mean client-side events or server-side events, or something in
between?

I think while we lack server-side events we actually have a system for
handling client side events using jQuery and LOAD. I will post an
example.  I need to resume and fix this:

http://groups.google.com/group/web2py/browse_thread/thread/9c7ac0bfa7f6fe7/2f972fa13ed0f1a0?lnk=gst&q=jdiv#2f972fa13ed0f1a0

the jDiv class was the grandfather of the LOAD helper.