Hi Johnann,
        Thanks for getting back on my queries. I just want to remove
the query button from the search section ( I  had tried
searchable=False earlier and it hid the entire search section). Is
there a way to hide just the query button as for a public site, I
would not like everyone know the details of my table and its fields.
But I would like to use the ajax search the dialog box provides.

I would try the above suggestion on links and get back :)

Thanks, Rahul D (www.flockbird.com - web2py powered)