First try should be adding a session.forget() and see what happens...

N.B. The benchmark in question uses really 4 concurrent processes
through uwsgi, so suspect number #1 is a file lock.

Correctly the test was setup on two multicore machines one with the
server one with the client, so real concurrency comes into play.

mic