> Nope. A leaking web2py will have worried a lot of users if shows up in a
simple app like this (i.e. if it leaks while processing this app, the
"bases" of the web2py code are leaking somewhere and everyone would have
noticed that)

You'd expect so... although not sure how many users have apps handling
1,000 concurrent connections.  (As an aside it would be nice if any power
users out there could give some feedback on their experience).   However
the author of the article states on comp.lang.python as well as in his blog
leak."

You mentioned you'd hacked on one of the files.  Can you confirm that when
you checked the memory usage it was the standard version of web2py 2.0.9,
or was it using your hacked version of the code? I'd imagine the test would
need to be run with sessions on and web2py as out-of-the-box if we're to
have a chance of reproducing the memory leak.

Thanks.