On May 08, 2008, at 11:27, Mike Schrag wrote:

All that matters is that you have some restricting qualifier that specifies how to differentiate the two entities (the value doesn't matter, but you do need some attribute that specifies which one is a SubEntity1 and which one is a SubEntity2). If you use Wonder, I recommend turning on er.extensions.ERXEnterpriseObject.applyRestrictingQualifierOnInsert=tr ue . If you don't, you will also need to set the value of your restricting qualifier in your awakeFromInsertion so new objects of your entity type get assigned properly (meaning, if you have a type = 2 restricting qualifier, you need to setType(2) in awakeFromInsertion). applyRestrictingQualifierOnInsert in Wonder will automagically look at your restricting qualifier and figure out what to set for you, so it's just one less thing to mess up.

I did get that... Apple's docs explain it clearly... What I don't get is why they use the integers 2 and 9 in a three entity setup (abstract root + 2 concrete) as qualifier values... The way they put it, it seems like it is important for some reason. Well, apparently it isn't...

Tried to look this up on the web, but that part of the documentation isn't there anymore... I have it in pdf, the "UsingEOModeler" thingy...