On May 8, 2008, at 8:27 AM, Mike Schrag wrote:

Just to get it straight, you keep the not-null constraints in the model, but skip them in the db? Can't find docs on this...
Yes. Welcome to the awesome docs on inheritance in EOF. They don't document a LOT of stuff. Just try to understand the docs on vertical -- it's impossible. I believe Entity Modeler does NOT automatically do this right now, but it briefly did and after a knock-down-drag-out "discussion" a year or two ago, it was taken back out, but I'm going to put it back in because ... well ... because I can and I want it there :)

And it is the Right Thing (tm) for Single Table inheritance.

Practical WebObjects - for developers who want to increase their overall knowledge of WebObjects or who are trying to solve specific problems.