On 25/11/2009, at 9:01 AM, Gaastra Dennis - WO Lists wrote:

> On 2009-11-24, at 1:52 PM, Martin Perez Barreiro wrote:
>
>> Apple listens to Apple.
>
> really, and also to our community.
>
>> Im not sure how much they care about WO developers right now, come on!
>
> believe me, they do!
>
>> just looking at wwdc talks you can get the feeling wo is not an important
>> thin for Apple right now (at least wo developers outside Apple labs).
>
> Since we (Pascal) the community have created our own convention,
> Apple agreed that this makes more sense has attended there.
> So why duplicate?

Let's remember *why* these community conventions were organised... because
Apple, who used to offer various training in WO even internationally at one
stage has decided to offer very little.

Now it seems to me, given their WO direction, that it was good for them to
consolidate and concentrate on the frameworks - rather than the tools etc.
Having a vibrant community for your technology is not the enemy you're making
it out to be.

Please no one dare have a Cocoa meeting as otherwise Apple won't provide their
own ;-)

>> My 2 cents.

I raise you 3 ;-)

>> kind regards,
>> Martin.
>
> With Kind Regards,
>
> Dennis Gaastra,
>

>> On Tue, Nov 24, 2009 at 7:46 PM, Johnny Miller <jlmil...@kahalawai.com>
>> wrote:
>> I agree that it's not smart to wait for Apple and I for one can continue
>> using WO by relying on the aid of the Wonder community.
>>
>> But HP and IBM are 100 billion dollar + companies.  At some point to grow
>> revenue Apple is going to have to go back into the enterprise.
>>
>> I just don't understand why Apple doesn't treat WO as a loss leader until
>> they are ready to diversify from consumer related products.  They could have
>> a great story in a vibrant community with lots of different kinds of apps
>> deployed.
>>
>> Just my 2 cents.
>>
>> Johnny
>>

>> On Nov 24, 2009, at 11:35 AM, Anjo Krank wrote:
>>
>>> Apple is a (what's it now 20? 30?) billion dollar company. They are (and
>>> should be) driven by what benefits their shareholders. It *may* be that
>>> some push from inside of Apple by some more enthusiastic developers inside
>>> of Apple *may* result in some - er, I can hardly say the word without a
>>> giggle fit - "speedier" release process.
>>>
>>> But frankly, there is ample evidence to the contrary, that no matter how
>>> much prodding, begging or bitching will change the actual results in the
>>> slightest.
>>>
>>> So I'd say that waiting for them to do something is plain stupid. If you
>>> rely on that, you're dead in the water. You just may not know it :) And
>>> btw, I'm "stuck" with 5.3.whatever and so far had no real problem with it.
>>>
>>> Cheers, Anjo

>>> This email sent to jlmil...@kahalawai.com
>>
>> Johnny Miller
>> Kahalawai Media Corp