On 25/11/2009, at 11:03 AM, Gaastra Dennis - WO Lists wrote:

>> Let's remember *why* these community conventions were organised... because
>> Apple, who used to offer various training in WO even internationally at one
>> stage has decided to offer very little.
>>
>> Now it seems to me, given their WO direction, that it was good for them to
>> consolidate and concentrate on the frameworks - rather than the tools etc.
>> Having a vibrant community for your technology is not the enemy you're
>> making it out to be.
>
> IMHO, nobody is making any enemies here.

Of course.

> One could ague that Apple is recognizing the community and adjusting its
> convention strategy accordingly. Why have WO sessions at WWDC if such content
> are much better addressed at WOWODC?

I'm just making the point that Apple is not responding to the community's drive
to run conventions by pulling back - they pulled back beforehand. Pascal didn't
organise WOWODC because he wanted to duplicate efforts. But certainly Apple
being involved in WOWODC is a good thing.

with regards,
--

Lachlan Deck