I haven't tried it yet, but WOlastic looks like a *really* cool deployment solution for WO.

http://wolastic.com/

Ramsey

On Jul 26, 2010, at 4:27 PM, Ken Anderson wrote:

Thanks for the thoughts guys!

Ken

On Jul 26, 2010, at 1:42 PM, Pascal Robert wrote:

Le 2010-07-26 à 12:55, Chuck Hill a écrit :

On Jul 26, 2010, at 9:44 AM, Ken Anderson wrote:

I've been asked to comment on the best way to deploy WebObjects today without any "imposed" restrictions. I haven't done any new deployments in a long while, so I'm likely not up to date on the last. What are people using today, and why do they think it's the best?

Thanks much!
Ken

Lacking imposed restrictions (e.g. must run in J2EE container), traditional WO deployment through Apache with mod_webobjects is probably the way to go. Anjo was working on mod_proxy deployment, but I don't recall how far he got or if he has this in production. It looked promising. There is also a Fast CGI adaptor and Ravi is working on something for WOWODC.

I'm adding some mods in JavaMonitor too (for WOWODC) and Andrew Lindesay also have stuff in LEWOStuff to use mod_proxy_ajp.

----
Pascal Robert
prob...@macti.ca

AIM: MacTICanada