Seems like raspberry pi systems are like snowflakes...lol.  I use a solar
panel charged battery powered Particle P1 Redboard from Sparkfun that I
have an I2C BME280 (temp/pressure/humidity/altitude) sensor, a rain/wind
set from sparkfun as well.  The redboard sends weather data over WiFi to my
Phant server every two minutes, I have a cron job on my Pi that does a
jsonp query to the phant server to retrieve the latest record and parse it
out into a text file with the "* = *" pairs that fileparse wants.  Then my
weewx system running on my pi archives every 2 minutes.  Not realtime, but
good enough for my purposes.  I also have steelseries gauges running as
well.  Been a great learning experience and everyone here has been very
helpful.

Many ways to skin the cat here.