Just as an aside, as of weeWX 3.7.0 a couple of changes were made to the
included drivers that use a mapping to map a sensor (read output from some
external device/system) to a weeWX schema field (read a field in the loop
packet or archive record generated by the driver). In a nutshell, when
defined in a driver stanza in weewx.conf, the map is placed in a stanza
named [[sensor_map]]. The sensor mappings are then included using the
format schema_name = hardware_name (or you can think of it as weeWX
loop/archive field = sensor name). So a sensor map might look like

[ABC123]
# driver stanza for ABC123 weather station
    [[sensor_map]]
        outTemp = sensor25
        outHumidity = ABCDEFG.123456
        windSpeed = wind_speed

Not a change that will cause any driver that uses a different construct to
fail, but it may be useful to adopt such a construct in a future release
(if nothing else helps us all speak the same language when talking
drivers). I expect in due course this will be included in the developer
notes somewhere.

Gary