pi@mapleleaf:~ $ date +%s
1523465424
pi@mapleleaf:~ $ date
Wed Apr 11 09:50:28 PDT 2018

appears to match my iMac time.  The Rpi does not have a realtime clock;
however I have a couple in my parts drawer. I will find a battery and try
one of them.

I programmed the Huzzah with another Rpi - when I do a date +%s on both of
them as fast as I can click the  results are 1523465622 and 1523465625  - I
think that they are pretty close considering I have to change windows and
click.