Many thanks for the tip.  I tried it, but so far it hasn't worked; the
records have the same errors as before.  Do I have to wait a while to allow
the records to be recalculated?  I am a bit puzzled by how a change to code
whose name appears to relate to charts can fix a numerical records page,
but maybe there is some dependency of the records calculation that means
this makes sense.