I spent a fair bit of time on what I believe is the same issue. I even
installed an Adafruit RTC and that didn't seem to solve the issue. At the
moment, I have the system on a UPS (which is huge and probably uses more
power than my Console, Adapter/Logger module and the RPi Zero W). My UPS
battery is dying so I will have to replace it soon if I plan to continue to
use it.

I am not so much worried about losing data - though I can understand
preserving the data is important for many people - but I just want the darn
thing to start working again when the power comes back on. If I'm not
around, it may go for many hours after the power has been restored, not
working properly, until I clear the logger memory.

I'll be interested in seeing the comments!

David