I would recommend you doing the CORRECT solution and installing an RTC on
your Pi zero.  Weewx relies HEAVILY on accurate time synchronisation
between weather station and controlling PC - so ensuring your pi EITHER has
an RTC onboard OR prevents weewx starting until time has been synchronised
is ESSENTIAL for correct operation.

There are many many users of weewx with Davis stations, and many many of us
with various models of RPi.  There are also many instances of logger
corruptions and other anomolies.. so fudging the driver for one situation
may open a can of worms in another situation - you have been warned!!!!!