Well, does it?
Pi's are power managed in that they draw what they need based on what they're
doing.
Sure, the Pi 4 is capable of drawing more, but will it do so for the workload
needs of WeeWx and related SW?

For one thing the Pi 4's new SoC is on paper 2-3x as efficient as a Pi 3, so
things may either run ~2x as fast or waste fewer cycles getting the job done.
Only way to know is to run exact same OS version and software stack on two
different units side-by-side, and measure how many watts they're actually
pulling nominally and during peak times and actually compare the two.   YMMV.
=D

I'm holding out for the 4 GB Pi 4, which is out of stock already, where I live.
Not needed for WeeWx, but as my main development platform, while a slower Pi
Zero runs the code developed and unit tested on the Pi 4.

I sure do like having a faster box so compile times are faster.  =D
And to that end, eventually there will be a 64-bit Raspbian on the official
support train, in which case the additional memory will get me past some
hurdles where the 2 GB virtual memory per process currently has me shutting off
SW features that gcc/ gplusplus can't manage to build with only 2 GB VM.
But I digress.  ;-)

Regards,
\Leon
--
Leon Shaner :: Dearborn, Michigan (iPad)