On Thursday, June 27, 2019 at 8:25:38 AM UTC-7, Leon Shaner wrote:

> Well, does it?
> Pi's are power managed in that they draw what they need based on what
> they're doing.
> Sure, the Pi 4 is capable of drawing more, but will it do so for the
> workload needs of WeeWx and related SW?

We've had zillions of reports of people with complicated/multiple skins and
other software on the same box who overload a pi.

All the analysis reports on the pi4 say it draws more power and runs much
hotter, some even advocating active cooling.   As always, reports are
sometimes not worth the bits they're written on, so I was curious for
real-life folks doing similar non-intensive things.  But still it looks
like a pretty solid box for well under $100 end to end.

The real Gbit ethernet and usb3 enough gets me interested, once the Fliirc
case (https://flirc.tv/more/raspberry-pi-4-case) is available I'll probably
grab one.  Those cases are excellent on the pi3 and pi3+ and look pretty
good too.