"'michael.k...@gmx.at' via weewx-user" <weewx-user@googlegroups.com>
writes:

> Regarding "phone home" I plan to experiment with such devices next year
> https://www.rtl-sdr.com/rtl_433-ported-to-esp32-microcontrollers-with-cc1101-or-sx127x-transceiver-chips/
> My goal is to capture all the broadcasted values from my devices, cache
> them locally, publish them in realtime using MQTT and make cached values
> available using REST. In other words: build my own GW. I didn't find any
> projects like that so far. In theory, it should be possible to combine any
> wireless sensor which is broadcasting unencrypted values, into one such
> gateway. My resources are very limited, so we'll see. I'm still hoping to
> find something out there, that solved this already in the one or the other
> way and made it available for the public.

As this is how weewx users can get data, I think limited discussion is
reasonably OT..

I am running 4 rtl-sdr dongles and am part of rtl_433 upstream.   My
view is that to get reliable data, you need to have a receiver on each
frequency.   I have one on 433.92 for Acurite devices, one on 915 MHz
for Ecowitt, one on 315 for TPMS (not weather) and a second on 433.92
for TPMS (different location) but also picks up Acurite.

rtl_433 does not receive Davis but rtldavis does.  However, AIUI Davis
transmitters change frequency every transmission and the receiver knows
the pattern and changes proaactively to match, once synchronized.  So I
expect that while it might be possible to make this work on an ESP (vs a
"real computer" with an SDR dongle), it is likely to take one receiver
per frequency, where Davis's hop pattern counts as a frequency
separately from normal 915.