Selon Lari Nieminen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:
> My latest idea:
>
> Name      Alignment  GP  HP  Melee               Ranged
> --------  ---------  --  --  ------------------  -------------
> Townsman  Lawful      8  18  4-3 stave (pierce)  -
> Huntsman  Neutral     8  18  -                   4-3 bow
> Henchman  Chaotic     8  18  4-3 cudgel (impact) 4-1 sling

About the stats :
- keep in mind that 4-3 (5-3 on melee if strong) means a powerful unit (for a
level 0). I'd say with these stats the Henchman should rather cost 9.
I you compare to the Footpad, it has a superior melee attack. For me it is a
problem. While there is no RIPLIB problem, i don't see any background reason why
the Henchman should loose some melee power while advancing to the Footpad.

- i don't like to have a unit that isn't special in its background without a
melee attack. This should be reserved for special units such as the Dark Adept
or the mudcrawlers... Giving it a small blade attack (like 3-1 dagger for
example)
would do the trick and won't cause RIPLIB problems (since both the Poacher and
the Bowman would be strictly superior.

About the names :
- To me 'Huntsman' sound like a levelup of the 'Poacher'
- For the 'Henchman' there is already a widespread UMC outlaw unit (Currently
for 1.3.x only in the Extended Era, but also in a some popular campaigns that
will proably be ported to 1.3), that is similar but with a few differences (in
particular: no ranged attack, more different graphics). IMHO we should either :
 - pick the UMC unit as a base (perhaps resize the graphics to the new human
size, tweak the stats if necessary)
or
 - get a different name

> Townsmen advance to Spearman(, Fencer?)(, Sergeant?).
> Huntsmen advance to Poacher, Bowman.
> Henchmen advance to Thug, Footpad(, Thief?).
>
> Peasant would be dropped entirely. The Townsman would be the equivalent
> of the old Peasant, just without the rural implications (and ranged
> attack?). The art would be easy to adapt. Although Townsman does have
> urban implications, it might still work in all the cases Peasants are
> currently used in. Alternatively, we just won't touch Peasant, except
> it's advancement options; this sounds like a very viable option.

I don't like the idea of replacing the Peasant with those civilians.
I find the current peasant better if you want a unit for in rural context,
especially something like a farmer.
While the new units would be better in some more urban context (for which the
Peasant was not made).

> So, with this suggestion we'd basically have one melee/lawful peasant,
> one ranged/neutral peasant and one outlaw/chaotic peasant. The one thing
> I didn't like about the previous proposal(s) was the overlap in the
> advancement options which this system eliminates, as well as having one
> unit of each alignment (personally, I'd find having three neutral lvl
> 0's a bit boring). Having advancement overlap isn't that bad to have,
> but I don't think it should be done if the whole thing can be done in a
> clearer and simpler way. In any case, this is just a proposal and I'm
> not hugely interested in how it ends up being done.
>
> Obviously, the stats are sketchy. The Townsman/Peasant/Villager/whatever
> is the biggest problem, since IMO Fencer and Sergeant are a bit funny
> advancements (mostly Fencer; Sergeant sound reasonable enough) and
> having only Spearman would be boring (Spearman itself having three
> advancements helps a bit, though).

Current Peasants can advance to the Bowman too...
IMHO that's fine (for the Peasant):
- 2 advancements is enough
- they are the only two that mesh well... The other lvl 1 loyalist units suppose
some wealth the peasants don't have.

About all this :
IMHO it looks like a problem with NR, i've never really felt it was wrong in
other campaigns like TSG.
I think it might be good to make these as NR-specific unit, at least at the
begining.
Do other campaigns really need this ?