> If you have any proposals how we can handle the evolution of current
> mainline
> content in a decent way, please state them. I am really open to any
> ideas which
> will allow a balance between the improvement of the "original" game and
> extending translations and reducing the translators overhead so that they
> actually have a chance to finish their task and use the stringfreeze for
> mainly
> polishing things instead of the main work taking place then.

This is a basic idea tought on the fly.
1) Any mainline content is a no-go zone for translators for the first
half of the development cycle. That is you can translate things, but
they might get changed and reverted at any moment due to various reasons.
2) At the half point campaign maintainers declare each scenario to be
either 'ready to translation', 'expected to get fuzzy' or 'expected to
undergo huge string changes'
3) This status is reevaluated two months from planned relase date. At
this point no scenario should get 'huge changes status' and adding
completely new scenarios should be avoided.

We should probably also state which campaigns do we plan to lift to
mainline at the beggining of each cycle to save translators work on a
strings that will probably change drasticaly during the process.

This, assuming 9 month relase cycle gives 7 months for developers to do
rather drastic things if necessary and 4,5 for translators to work on
mainlined content with at least two months guarantee of no huge changes.