Mark de Wever <ko...@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Looking at irc it seems we have lovers and haters or both cmake and scons.
> It seems some developers are in love with the Makefile based build system
> (autotools/cmake) and other dislike the whole Makefile based system. (Scons
> doesn't use Makefiles) So in my opinion we won't reach an agreement in scons
> vs. cmake and should maintain both systems. Which leaves the question who
> still uses autotools and want to keep using that.

+1 for dropping autotools and in favor of SCons.  My current employer
hired me to maintain their autotools-based build system.  Instead I
rewrote it in SCons, and I have nothing but good things to say about it.

--
 Daniel Franke         d...@dfranke.us         http://www.dfranke.us
 -----| =|  \   ///     --Voltaire