On Sun, Feb 22, 2009 at 03:14:23PM +0100, Guillaume Melquiond wrote:
> On 2009/2/22, Mark de Wever wrote:
> > Which leaves the question who still uses autotools and want to keep using
> > that.
>
> I still use it; and I intend to keep using it as long as it works.
>
> 1. If it was broken, I wouldn't mind it being removed.
> 2. If the goal was to have only one single build system in the end, I
> wouldn't mind either.

2. Was the original goal, but the process got stuck and we ended up with
three systems.

> But neither seem to hold. So I don't really see the point in removing it.

I know I'm (one of) the last user(s) of autotools and I'm about to
switch to cmake. So I wanted to know whether we still have other
autotools users besides myself. If nobody uses it, it will get broken at
some point and we'll get bug reports nobody wants to fix. So, if unused,
I prefer to remove it before we get the bug reports. But if we still
have developers using it I see no point to remove it.

--
Regards,
Mark de Wever aka Mordante/SkeletonCrew